Professional Actors, Engaging Characters, Memorable parties……
Thinking of booking your party with Absolutely Amazing Parties? We are the leading provider of children’s character entertainment within the Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire areas and our professional singers, dancers and actors cover all aspects of entertainment at your party so you can relax in the knowledge that we will run your party from start to finish. Please feel free to have a look through our fantastic reviews on our website.
We have tried to answer any questions you may have; anything further please do not hesitate to contact us on 0115 905 6224 or email Jayne@gethappyentertainment.co.uk.
Why Book with Absolutely Amazing Parties:
Our entertainment can include live vocal tribute, games, coronation ceremonies with red carpet, Disney American dialects and a full schedule of entertainment here is what our customers have said:
“There are many Princess Parties on Google but very few that will rival Absolutely Amazing Parties. Jayne & her Team provide first class entertainment that will leave children spell-bound from beginning to end”
“We had a large party over 40 children & we can’t thank the party princess enough. Shona was excellent & very professional both in & out of character & the kids just loved her. The feedback from parents “it was the best kids party themselves & their children had been to!”
Most of our actors that perform at your parties have been with Absolutely Amazing Parties for well over 2 years meaning that your party host is very experienced in dealing with and engaging children.
- We can usually tailor parties to any size of venue and some work well in private homes. In the case of our Jedi and Superheroes parties we recommend booking a hall due to the active nature of these parties.
- Please note that party bookings must take place between 11am and 1pm, 3pm and 5pm, 3.30pm – 5.30pm or 4pm and 6pm.
Why do we do this? Three reasons – firstly it enables the parents of the children their morning or afternoon free instead of having to come to a party in the middle of the day. Secondly, it fits in well with lunch and tea times – the children are more likely to eat the party food you have provided at a time where they would be naturally hungry, and lastly it enables of team to move between parties giving them enough time to travel, set up and pack away.
- To book you party please decide on what party package and what character /s you would like.
- Contact the office to see if you’re preferred date, time and character is available. You can call us on 0115 905 6224 or email Jayne@gethappyentertainment.co.uk
- We will email a link to complete our online booking form or we can send you a booking form in 2 different formats – Word and PDF depending on your computer system. You can complete on your computer and email back to us or print out, complete and post back to us.
- Bookings are not confirmed until we have received the completed booking form and 20% deposit and this has been acknowledged. Deposits are to be paid by BACS and details of how to pay are on the booking form. Please do not pay us a deposit without an accompanying form as bookings are only processed once we have the form.
- The remainder of the fee can be paid in cash on the day before your party or by BACS a week before the party. IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR PARTY BY BACS PLEASE EMAIL US WITH THE REFERENCE AND ENSURE WE ACKNOWLEDGE THIS. Please note that we do not accept BACS, PayPal or cheques on the day of your party and your booking will not go ahead on this basis.
- Our cancellation policy is detailed on the booking form.
- If you have booked an hour or 90-minute party, the entertainment should take place first – Our entertainers have equipment to set up and this is very difficult once the party has started and the children have already arrived.
In the week before your party
- Please confirm the approx. number of children attending plus any changes you may have made.
- We usually send a final party confirmation out within the 7 days before your party, if you have not received this please feel free to contact us.
- Please note that we must be able to park close to the venue to unload equipment. Please ensure that this is possible or a space is reserved
On the day of your party
- Our entertainer/s will need access to your venue a minimum of 30 minutes before the start of your party to set up the equipment needed for your party. They will also need 30 mins to pack down.
- Please ensure that we will be able to park close to the venue entrance or access door to unload our equipment.
- Please note that when your entertainer arrives to set up their equipment s/he will be in ‘civvies’ s/he will not arrived dressed as there is a lot of equipment to be carried in to your venue. We recommend that your child is kept away from the party room until the start of the party as to not spoil the illusion; the same applies when the party is over, your entertainer will get changed to pack down his/her equipment so it is advised that children are kept away from the area.
- Please make sure that there is a table for the entertainer in the performance area that is a minimum of 4 feet across (6 feet is ideal) and 2 chairs that is positioned near a power socket.
- Your entertainer/s will need somewhere to get changed and safely leave their belongings (Toilets are not acceptable) they will also need somewhere to ‘hide’ before making their grand entrance.
We understand that many church halls are small and have limited additional space – we can usually work around this by changing in storage cupboards or behind stage curtains.
- Please keep children / party guests away from any equipment that has been set up in preparation for the party.
What will happen at your party:
- Your entertainer will introduce themselves and run through what will happen at your party. All entertainers work within a framework for the party but all will have their own special twist or stamp on how they run your party.
- All equipment will be set up for the start of your party.
- At the beginning of your party your entertainer will enter and welcome all the guests to the party.
- For our one hour and 90-minute party packages please provide a pass the parcel – we can supply a pass the parcel for you at an additional charge of £12.
- For our two-hour bookings we provide a free pass the parcel as part of the package (excludes the Jedi Training Experience).
- All aspects and control of the party can be left to us – we have plenty of experience in organising children – but we are not to have complete supervision of the children there must be at least one adult present at all times.
When to serve food:
- For one hour bookings your party will run for the first hour at which point the character will say goodbye and the children will sit down for their food.
- For 90 minute parties the party will run for 1 ½ hours, the character will then say goodbye and the children will sit down for food.
- For two hour bookings food should be served an hour in to the party, your character / s will sit with the children during this time and lead singing of Happy Birthday. The party will then continue for another 30 minutes and the character / s will help hand out party bags at the end (provided by host). The total time is 2 hours including the break for party food.
What we provide:
- All equipment needed to run the party including music and light equipment.
- All games and prizes.
- Coronation ceremony / superhero initiation / Jedi Diploma including gift for the birthday child.
- For two hour bookings a Pass the Parcel.
What you should provide:
- A Pass the Parcel for 1-hour and 90-minute parties – again we can provide one for you at an additional cost of £12
- The venue
- Party food and cake
- Party bags
- A suitable place for the character / s to get changed and securely leave their personal belongings (toilets are not acceptable) and a suitable place for them to hide before they make their grand entrance (again toilets are not acceptable).
Is there anything else I should be aware of?
Glitter and Fake Snow
Princess parties can get quite messy with fake snow (made of plastic), glitter and wrapping paper. We also use a bubble machine, and optional snow machine. Please check with your venue that they are happy with everything that we will be using.
Allergies and Dietary Requirements
Please note that during the party small sweet treats will be given to the children including:
- White Chocolate and Chocolate Coins
- Fizzy sweets
- Haribo Sweets
If you are aware of any child with special dietary requirements e.g. Vegan / vegetarian or for religious reasons please let us know.
Nut Allergy – Please make us aware if any child attending your party has a nut allergy
Frequently asked questions:
- Do I need to provide a DJ?
No. The party is fully organised and we provide all the music.
- What times can I have a party?
Our parties take place between 11 am – 1 pm and 3 pm – 5 pm, 3.30 pm – 5.30 pm and 4 pm – 6 pm. There are no exceptions to this as we need to allow time for the character / s to make their way to another party.
- Do you face paint during the party?
No, we don’t face paint during the party as all our time is taken up with running the party and organising the games.
- Do I need any other entertainment or a bouncy castle?
No. We provide all the entertainment for your party. We recommend NOT booking a bouncy castle as in our experience it is very distracting and the children don’t participate or engage with the games which makes the party difficult to run.
- Are you qualified and insured? Are you CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) / DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked?
All of our entertainers / actors are self employed and therefore required to have their own public liability insurance. The rules regarding CRB (no longer used) / DBS have changed and are not required for party entertainers. Children should always be supervised at the party by an adult, we are not to be left in the sole care of children as our insurance will be void.
- Do you provide all the games and prizes?
Yes, we provide all games and prizes.
- Do you provide a Pass the Parcel?
For two-hour party bookings a Pass the Parcel is included (excluding Jedi parties), for 1 hour and 90 minute bookings if you require playing pass the parcel please provide a parcel. We can provide a pass the parcel at an additional cost of £12.
- Does the birthday child get a gift?
The birthday child receives a certificate / diploma and gift. Birthday Princesses also get a coronation with tiara.
- How many children can be invited?
– 1 Hour party – Up to 20 children
– 90 Mins party – Up to 25 children
– 2 Hour with one host – Up to 30 children
For more than 30 children you will need a second character to host as well or please book our Ultimate party which come with a male and female character to host.
For Jedi parties the maximum is 30 children but the ideal number is 24.
- I’m inviting both boys and girls to my child’s party – can you cater for both?
Yes. Our entertainers are experienced enough to include both boys and girls within a party. Our parties are packed with activities, games and dancing so there is plenty going on to keep them entertained. If you’re concerned you can always mix characters i.e. Have a Princess and a Superhero to cater for both boys and girls.
- What about bad behaviour?
Some of us at the Absolutely Amazing Parties are parents (including a set of twins!) so we know that children can get boisterous and excited at parties. However, hitting, physical violence and offensive language will not be tolerated towards our entertainers or mascots. Children who continue to behave in an unacceptable way will be asked to sit out and at this point we will speak to you to explain what has happened. Please do not allow children to punch, kick or pull our mascot costumes – as the person booking the party you will be held liable for any damage caused to costumes, mascots and equipment.
- Can I have a party at home?
Yes, we have successfully run many parties in private houses if you have enough space. Please note that due to the nature of our parties – which can include live singing – we need space to be able to play group games and to set up a small PA system so as with a venue we will need as table, 2 chairs and easy access to a power socket.
Our Jedi parties can only be delivered in halls or decent sized venues due to the nature of the activities.
- I am looking to book a venue, what should I be looking for?
There are many village halls, community centres and function rooms that can be hire by the hour, if you get in touch with your local council they can advise of community centres in your local area. Please note that we need between 30 and 60 minutes before the party to set up and 30 mins after to pack down. We can adapt the party to suit almost any room but if in doubt please call us on 0115 905 6224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that we will need access to park close to the venue to unload and load our equipment and easy access to a power socket.
- Is travel included?
Travel is included free of charge within 20 miles of NG5 (Nottingham). Over and above this radius travel is charged at 45 pence per mile each way.
- How much space do you require for your set up?
Ideally 6ft by 6ft to set up our equipment. Please also provide a table and 2 chairs.
- Do you have any optional extras?
Yes as follows:
- Snow machine – Gives an impressive snow shower that’s quick drying and the kids love it! £10
- Additional character – £45 for one hour and £50 for 90 minutes and £60 for 2 hour parties
- Pass the parcel £12 for 1 hour and 90 minute parties free for 2 hour parties (excludes Jedi parties).
We hope you have a great party with us and please feel free to email on email@example.com or call the office on 0115 9056224 with any questions you may have.
“The singing princess Katie was a lovely Elsa who engaged and entertained 12 children for the full 2 hours. Other parents at the party asked me for the contact details at the end of the party as they were so impressed and wanted the singing princess for their daughter’s parties too. Thank you so much for making my daughter’s birthday party so special.”
“Queen Elsa was amazing. People at the party said “I didn’t think she would have been that good, and sing too”! Thank you so much, my daughter Ava absolutely loved every minute of her party.”
“Queen Elsa and Prince Hans made every child feel important at my daughter’s party, talking to each individual and involving all the children. They particularly made my daughter feel extra special on her birthday- so thank you!”
“Shona is an amazing singer and made a superb Queen Elsa. Abigail absolutely loved her and told me it was the best party she had ever been to!”
“Thank you Shona for making Amelie’s day so special. You were amazing & all the children loved every minute.
Amelie still cannot believe that Elsa really came to her house – although she wants to know if Anna is better yet!!? We will definitely be using you again & would recommend The Singing Princess to everyone. Thanks again – so much.”
“Katie was brilliant, my daughter had a brilliant party and so did all the other girls, she made my daughter feel like a real princess!”